Penurunan Berat Badan!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, September 23, 2022

Fit Mom Challenge 001 Notes

Diary Day 3:

Howdy, 

Bertemu kembali, today nak cerita ceriti tentang target weight loss. 

Ideally is 0.5kg per week, however usually if this is the first time, memang akan dapat penurunan sampai 1 kg minggu pertama. Lepas tu, hati berdebar-debar campur seronok and started coungting by 6 weeks will be 6 kg of fat loss. Fact is, sorry lah, itu je paling banyak, nanti akan ada yang tak turun atau naik sikit, macam tu lah lumrahnya. 

My target weight loss memang 0.5kg per week je. Itu pon dah memadai. I know it's gonna be hard. 

I am gonna use MyFitnessPal apps to help me through my journey.

So if during 6 weeks ,I am to lose 0.5kg per week, total is 3 kg. 

1 kg of fat = 7700kcal

So how many calorie deficit per day for me if I am going to achieve my target? 

First I need to know my Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) .

What is BMR ? Click the link and read more. It explains whole lot there. Basically it is the calories you will use in order for your cell to function, the living activities such as breathing, cells activities. 

Factors determining our BMR especially in counting our own among are:

Age 

Weight

Height

Gender

My aim is to lose weight. As much as people said, reduce calories in and increase calories out will lead to reduce weight, how easy to do the math right? Except that the fact is, we are not mathematical equation and life is no near linear line, life has always ups and downs my dear reader. Need to remember, we cannot take way too low calories than our BMR because then our system in the body will be triggered. The body will protect it self by turning on starvation mode which will lead to slow down your basal metabolic rate, and thus restoring all amounts of food you are taking. 

Here is the answer for those who is wondering why even they eat less but they still does not lose weight. The less you eat, the harder it is to lose weight over time. 

Also the answer for crash diet; initially you seem to lose a lot, because normally you will lose water first, it takes times to lose fat. That is why, you need to see bigger picture, aim for long journey. If you think within this 6 weeks you can achieve your normal BMI (am talking to those who is obese) then you will feel that this program is kind of loser. 

Here am sharing to you how to calculate your BMR : 

Women: 655 + (9.6x weight in kg) + (1.8x height in cm) - (4.7x age)

Men: 66 + (13.7 x weight in kg) + (5x height in cm) - (6.8 x age)

Thus my basal metabolic rate is 1575.2 kcal. So I cannot eat less than this , because it will cause my body to go to starvation mode.

Second, how much calories you need every day ,Daily Calorie Intake (DCI)

So first you need to need to know how many calories you burn per day based on your daily activities based  on your lifestyle. This is what some people call, Daily Calorie Requirement (DCR) or others called Active Metabolic Rate (AMR). 

Sedentary (little or no exercise) = BMR x 1.2

Lightly active (sports 1-3 days/week) = BMR x 1.375

Moderately active (sports 3-5 days/week) = BMR x 1.55

Very active (sports 6-7 days/week) = BMR x 1.725

Extra active (sports twice a day) = BMR x 1.9

So, your final number here is total calorie you need to take to maintain your weight. 

As for me, my DCR / AMR = BMR x 1.375 = 2165.9 kcal 

But  I want to lose weight, and I aim 0.5kg per week so meaning (0.5 x 7700) / 7 = 550kcal per day.

Technically my deficit calorie per day is 550kcal.

So my calorie intake per day (DCI)  should be DCR - deficit calorie = 2165.9 -550 = 1615.9 kcal. 

Basically I need to eat 1615.9kcal per day so that I will lose 0.5kg per week. Well actually, I have another extra calories in view of currently I am breastfeeding. 

Roughly if you are a full time breastfeeding / pumping or direct where you think you produce about 8 small bottles of 60ml, that will account for another 500kcal to be added in your calorie intake.

If you are half time breastfeeding, you may add 250kcal per day.

I would say, I am half time breastfeeding , only night time direct feeding or when I am around the baby , thus I can take 1615.9 + 250 = 1865.9 kcal .

So, I guess you can start calculating your daily calorie intake to achieve your goal. 

Till then, 

Matun 

No comments:

Post a Comment